Conference held at the Sorbonne (salle Louis Liard)
Thursday 29 March 2018, 14.00 – 18.00
Risk governance within banking institutions: Challenges ahead
Sorbonne Research in Management (PRISM Sorbonne & GREGOR) and Financial Regulation lab (LabEx ReFi)
14h-14h15 welcome address: Prof. R. Gillet, E. Lamarque, J-P. Laurent, University Paris 1 Panthéon – Sorbonne & Financial Regulation lab.
14h15-14h45 Guest speaker: Pierre Wunsch, Vice-Governor at Banque Nationale de Belgique and SRB member: Bank resolution in Europe: state of play four years after
14h45-15h30 Guest speaker: Anette Mikes, Professor, HEC Lausanne: ValueS at Risk: Risk culture and the Ethical Turn in Risk Management – lessons for the banking industry
15h30 – 16h45 Panel session: Risk governance and financial stability.
– François-Louis Michaud, European Central Bank, Deputy Director General, SSM, DG IV
– Frédéric Visnovsky, ACPR, Deputy Secretary General
– Pierre Wunsch, Vice-Governor at Banque Nationale de Belgique and SRB member
Moderator: George Ugeux, Adjunct Professor, Columbia University
16h45 – 18h Panel session: Risk governance, new challenges for banking organisations
– Wijnand Nuijts, Manager Supervision on Governance, Culture and Organizational Behavior at De Nederlandsche Bank
– Bénédicte Guérin, Head of Risk Appetite Methodologies within the CIB métier, BNP Paribas
– Jean-François Lepetit, former Board Member and Head of the Risk Committee of BNP Paribas.
– Florian Marsaud, Governance and Coordination Manager of the BPCE Group’s Risk, Compliance and Permanent Control Division
Moderator: Eric Lamarque, Professor, University Paris 1 Panthéon – Sorbonne
18h – 20h: Dinner buffet, club des enseignants de la Sorbonne